I am always looking for new things to pack for lunch that excludes the typical sandwich. This Paleo Chicken Salad is perfect to make ahead of time and pack for lunches throughout the week! It is absolutely delicious, full of flavor, and healthy! I ate my chicken salad on top of a BIG bed of mixed greens, however, it would also be great with bread, tortillas, chips, etc.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
8 slices of organic, all natural, nitrate free, sugar free bacon
1/2 c mayo or chipotle lime mayo from Primal Kitchen
1/4 c chopped green onions
1/2 t garlic powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chop the bacon into small, bite-size pieces and brown in a large skillet on medium to high heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and allow it to drain on paper towels, leaving the rendered fat in the pan.
- Chop the chicken into small bite-size pieces and cook in the large skillet with the bacon fat on medium heat. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the chicken and cook until the inside is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put it into a large bowl. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator or freezer until chicken has cooled.
- Once the chicken has cooled, add the green onions, bacon, and mayo into the bowl and mix well.
- Eat right away or store for meals throughout your week. Enjoy 🙂
For the original recipe and instructions visit: http://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-chicken-salad-with-bacon-and-scallions-whole30/