I am currently wrapping up this semester of classes (what?! half way done with senior year!!) and along with ending the semester, there always seems to be about four or five Christmas parties I have to attend. One for work, one for my major, one for my leadership position, one for my small group, the list goes on and on. I mean, I’m not complaining one bit because I LOVE Christmas in case you haven’t caught on yet 🙂 However, these parties also always seem to have a plethora of cookies, cakes, cupcakes, hot chocolate, etc. While I definitely believe in the art of balance, I also know I can’t eat these types of treats at every single Christmas party I go to. SOOOOO I decided to make these AMAZING protein bites for one of the parties I attended to have a healthy alternative to snack on! Guys…I will for sure be making these again, they are so delicious!! PLUS they are gluten free & vegan friendly! Here’s what went down…
1 T Ground Cinnamon
1/4 c Vanilla Protein Powder
1/3 – 1/4 c Maple Syrup or Honey if you’re not vegan
1/2 c Almond Meal (or grind up almonds in a food processor)
1/4 c Creamy Nut Butter
3/4 c Gluten Free Quick Oats
1 t Vanilla Extract
- Grind up the oats in a food processor and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, protein powder, almond meal, and nut butter to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the honey and vanilla extract to the bowl and continue mixing using your hands.
- Once the mixture is a sticky, even consistency, roll it into 1-1.5 inch bites. Place each bite on a plate or cookie sheet with parchment paper underneath.
- Put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes and then add additional cinnamon if desired.
- Store in a zip log bag or container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to six weeks.
For orignial recipe & instructions visit: http://www.cottercrunch.com/no-bake-cinnamon-vanilla-breakfast-protein-bites/