I have been dying to make some homemade granola for awhile now. Granola is delicious and SO versatile. You can top yogurt, salad, baked apples, bread, pudding, etc. with granola OR add it into a trail mix OR bake it into a bar. The options are endless! However, many granolas you find in a grocery store are very processed, full of sugar, or seem to have a zillion ingredients that you can’t pronounce. So I decided to try out this homemade granola recipe and let me tell you…it is DIVINE. Not only is it full of healthy fats, proteins, and carbs, it’s also extremely simple to make!
5 c Rolled Oats
1 c Coarsley Chopped Almonds
1/2 c Melted Coconut Oil
1/4 c Almond Butter
1/2 c Honey
1 t Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 t Salt
3/4 c Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Add the oats and almonds into the crock pot and mix.
- Measure out coconut oil, almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, and salt into a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the crock pot with the oats and almonds and mix throughly.
- Cook on low for 2 hours or until it is toasted and golden brown, stirring every 30 minutes. Place the lid of the crock pot slightly ajar to allow ventilation and let the steam escape.
- Spread the granola on parchment paper and let it cool & become crispy. After it is cool, mix in the dark chocolate chips if desired and store in an air tight container.
- Enjoy 🙂 — (I recently used the granola as a topping on my smoothie bowl!)
For orignial recipe and instructions visit: http://www.theseasonedmom.com/slow-cooker-salted-caramel-almond-granola/