When these cold months start to roll around all I ever want to eat is a bowl of hot goodness. This recipe is PERFECT to fill that desire. I can make it and eat it for lunch or dinner throughout the week and it’s practically effortless to make. It is simply delightful & full of flavor! I HIGHLY recommend you give this one a try!
1 T Olive Oil
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 Onion, Chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1/2 t Cinnamon
1 T Chili Powder
1 T Cumin
1 28 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
2 C Chicken Broth
2 C Diced Sweet Potatoes
1 Can Black Beans
Salt & Pepper
Shredded Cheese for Serving
- Add a little olive oil to a dutch oven, brown the ground turkey until done, and set aside.
- Add another little bit olive oil to the pan and brown the onion & garlic until done.
- Add the ground turkey back into the pot with the onions & garlic and add the spices. Stir and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, sweet potatoes, and black beans. Let the chili simmer for about ten minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and top with shredded cheese. (I also topped mine with a little bit of plain Greek yogurt and added carrots, cucumbers, and hummus as a side)
- Enjoy 🙂
For original recipe and instructions visit: http://www.seasonalcravings.com/healthy-turkey-chili/