I am OBSESSED with all recipes that use the crock pot because it just makes my life SO much easier during the week. Who doesn’t love coming home from work or school and instantly being hit with a delicious aroma filling your house and dinner already hot and ready for you? I mean…you can’t beat that! This recipe only took me 10-15 minutes to prepare and was absolutely scrumptious. I highly recommend it for a busy weeknight dinner!
I adjusted the recipe to only make half of the stuffed peppers but you can easily double it if you would like to make six stuffed peppers instead of three!
3 Large Bell Peppers
1/2 lb for Ground Turkey or Lean Ground Beef
1/4 c Chopped Onion
1/2 of a 14oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
1/2 c of Rice or Quinoa (optional)
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Pepper
3/4 c Shredded Cheese
1/4 c Water
- Cut off the top of the bell peppers and scrape out the membrane & seeds. Fill the bottom of the crock pot with 1/4 c water.
- Combine the ground turkey, onion, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1/2 c cheese. (Yes, this means you do not need to cook meat prior to putting it in the crock pot!)
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture and place them in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for four hours or low for six hours until the peppers are tender and the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Feel free to cook rice or quinoa while the peppers are cooking. They would both be a great addition for a side to this recipe and mix well with the stuffed peppers!
- Add the remaining 1/4 c of cheese on the tops of the peppers 15 minutes before eating and enjoy 🙂
Original recipe and instructions can be found here: http://therecipecritic.com/2014/09/slow-cooker-stuffed-bell-peppers/