I’ve seen this baked apple fad on Pinterest for awhile now and decided I would give it a try! It is a great alternative for an apple cinnamon fall dessert and it was absolutely delicious!! I made this recipe just for one but it would be very easy to double or triple for others. There are definitely modifications you can make to this recipe based on what’s in your kitchen and what your dietary needs are. I recommend you give it a try! 🙂
Apple (red or green)
1/4 c Granola or Oats
1/2 T Honey
1/4 T Coconut Oil
1/4 t Vanilla Extract
1/8 t Cinnamon
1/8 t Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut a small portion of the top of the apple off and scoop out the middle of the apple with a spoon living about 1/4 inch rim.
- Throw away the core and seeds and finely chop the remaining filling.
- Mix granola, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl and then fill the apple with the mixture.
- Place apple on a tin foil lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂