Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are a type of legume. They are often used in salads, soups, and hummus and are a great source of healthy protein, carbs, and fiber. There are many different types of roasted chickpeas you can make. I decided to make BBQ and Garlic flavored ones. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised! They aren’t anything fancy but would be a great alternative for chips or anytime you are craving something crunchy. Roasted chickpeas are super easy and cheap to make so I recommend you give em a try!
2 14-15 oz Cans of Chickpeas
2 Tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil (for each batch)
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Salt
3 tsp Brown Sugar
1-2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Spread them evenly out on a towel or paper towel and let them dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Evenly spread the dried chickpeas on the pan and cook in the oven for 40-60 minutes. Your oven will determine how long you need to cook them. Be sure to check them after 40 minutes and continue to do so until they are crunchy. It is important that they all look and feel crunchy before taking them out of the oven.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and mix and cover them with the olive oil.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to the bowl and mix well.
- Enjoy by themselves or as a crunchy addition to a salad!
Original recipe and instructions can be found at: http://www.thisgrandmaisfun.com/roasted-chickpeas-recipe/